While there are lots of pests that crawls into your home, here is the most common pest bird that can fly in!
- Identification- The pigeon is the most common pest bird and is responsible for the worst public health concerns. The adult pigeon is about 11 inches long with a short neck, small head, and short legs. Pigeons can be identified by their blue-grey color and iridescent feathers on the head and neck. Pigeons nest on small, flat areas away from the ground, such as ledges, air conditioning units, pipes, and window sills. Pigeons eat a varied diet of grains, discarded food, and livestock feed and manure, and they must have water daily to survive.
- Pigeon Problems- Besides the general nuisance of large flocks in public spaces, pigeons’ feces deface structures, accelerate deterioration, and cause slipping hazards. Their crude nesting debris clogs machinery. Pigeons are known to carry numerous diseases including pigeon ornithosis, encephalitis, and histoplasmosis, as well as various ectoparasites. Pigeons adapt very easily to manmade environments and may travel up to five miles between nesting and roosting sites, making a settled flock quite challenging to move.
- Getting Rid of Pigeons- Because of their homing capabilities and habitual instincts, captured and released pigeons will simply find their way back to the original nesting site. Moved flocks quickly adapt and settle in new environments, so visual and auditory scare devices are less effective the more established the roost.
- Food and water sources in particular should be as inaccessible as possible.
- A tactile repellent such as 4 The Birds Repellent Gel may be applied to ledges, sills, roofs, peaks, cornices, bridges, and overpasses to deter birds from landing.
- 4 The Birds Liquid Repellent can be sprayed on beams, girders, struts, supports and other areas where birds land or roost. 4 The Birds can also be sprayed on trees, bushes, and vines (except for those that are in bloom or bearing fruit).
- Bird netting is one of the most effective pigeon control products as it excludes the birds from possible landing, roosting, and nesting areas.
About Pigeon Patrol:
Pigeon Patrol Products & Services is the leading manufacturer and distributor of bird deterrent (control) products in Canada. Pigeon Patrol products have solved pest bird problems in industrial, commercial, and residential settings since 2000, by using safe and humane bird deterrents with only bird and animal friendly solutions. At Pigeon Patrol, we manufacture and offer a variety of bird deterrents, ranging from Ultra-flex Bird Spikes with UV protection, Bird Netting, 4-S Gel and the best Ultrasonic and audible sound devices on the market today.
Contact us at 1- 877– 4– NO-BIRD, (604) 585-9279 or visit our website at www.pigeonpatrol.ca
Bird Gone, Pigeon Gone, Seagull Gone, Pigeon problems, pigeon spikes, 1-877-4NO-BIRD, 4-S Gel, Bird Control, Pigeon Control, bird repellent, Bird Spikes, sonic bird repellent, stainless steel bird spikes, bird spikes Vancouver, Ultra Sonic Bird Control, Bird Netting, Plastic Bird Spikes, Canada bird spike deterrents, Pigeon Pests, B Gone Pigeon, Pigeon Patrol, pest controller, pest control operator, pest control technician, Pigeon Control Products, humane pigeon spikes, pigeon deterrents, pigeon traps, Pigeon repellents,Common Pest Bird, Sound & Laser Deterrents, wildlife control, raccoon, skunk, squirrel deterrent, De-Fence Spikes, Dragons Den, Canada bird spikes, Canada pigeon, pigeon control, pidgon patrol, pidgon. Kill pigeons, crow, starling
The post Most Common Pest bird appeared first on Pigeon Patrol Canada – Bird Control Products & Services.