How to prevent woodpeckers from damaging your home? Here are some tips on how you can get rid of woodpeckers and other insects near your home if they become problematic and pose high risks.
- Remove prune branches or large trees near your home and on areas where they peck so that they will be encouraged to stay in a thicker cover because they will feel more exposed and vulnerable when you remove the trees. As a result, they will be redirected and will be discouraged to peck your home.
- Provide an easier food source to them instead of allowing them to find insects on your home. Jelly, Suet, and mealworms are some of the food sources that you can consider.
- Give them a ready-made cavity by creating a birdhouse for them, especially if their activity is a prelude to nesting. Place it near or over the area where the pecking has occurred.
- Replace shingles or use wood putty to cover the holes that are already drilled woodpeckers.
- Prevent any insects from invading the weakened area and disguise the site by painting or staining the repair over.
- If the woodpecker activity becomes out of control or insects are already feeding on the wooden structure of your home, it is better for you to hire pest control professionals to inspect your home. Woodpeckers will feed somewhere else if insects will be eliminated.
If these simple redirection strategies still don’t work, here are some stronger way to get rid of them completely:
- Add reflective objects that are bright enough to scare them away. Wind chimes and recorded bird alarms can also help to scare them.
- Wooden areas where they find it attractive to peck can be covered with netting, cloth, or foam. Fishing line or chicken wires can also be added, 1-2 inches away from the surface to keep them from reaching the wooden structure of your home.
- Use decoys such as carved or plastic owls and hawks can also be placed on areas where they are pecking so they can be deterred.
At Pigeon Patrol, we manufacture and offer a variety of bird deterrents, ranging from Ultra-flex Bird Spikes with UV protection, Bird Netting, 4-S Gel and the best Ultrasonic and audible sound devices on the market today.
Contact us at 1- 877– 4– NO-BIRD, (604) 585-9279 or visit our website at www.pigeonpatrol.ca to prevent woodpeckers from damaging your home
Bird Gone, Pigeon Gone, Seagull Gone, Pigeon issue, pigeon spikes, 1-877-4NO-BIRD, 4-S Gel, Bird Control, Pigeon Control, bird repellent, Bird Spikes, sonic bird repellent, stainless steel bird spikes, bird spikes Vancouver, Ultra Sonic Bird Control, Bird Netting, Plastic Bird Spikes, Canada bird spike deterrents, Pigeon Pests, B Gone Pigeon, Pigeon Patrol, pest controller, pest control operator, pest control technician, Pigeon Control Products, humane pigeon spikes, pigeon deterrents, pigeon traps, Pigeon repellents, Sound & Laser Deterrents, wildlife control, raccoon, skunk, squirrel deterrent, De-Fence Spikes, Dragons Den, Canada bird spikes, Canada pigeon, pigeon control, pigeon patrol, pigeon. Kill pigeons, crow, starling
The post How to prevent woodpeckers from damaging your home? appeared first on Pigeon Patrol Canada – Bird Control Products & Services.